(From abc.net.au/news) A Melbourne company has been fined $500,000 over the death of a worker two years ago.
The Victorian County Court heard 42-year-old Geoffrey Johnson inhaled toxic fumes from paint stripper when he was cleaning the inside of a large chemical tank at Altona North.
The court was told Mr Johnson did not have a permit to climb inside the tank, and he did so without any safety equipment, and with no supervision.
His employer, Depot Vic Proprietary Limited, pleaded guilty to two breaches of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
See related News Item